Ohinché Lahorgue practices in the areas of commercial debt collection litigation and the enforcement of creditors’ rights. We are experienced, aggressive, resourceful, and persistent. Our debt collection clients include large and small corporations; banks and other lenders; law firms, accountants, consultants, and other professionals
Our debt collection cases have involved matters including:
- Loans, guaranties, letters of credit, and other extensions of credit;
- Debts for goods sold and delivered;
- Attorneys’ fees and fees owed to accountants and other professionals, including consulting fees;
- Rent arrears and unpaid common charges;
- Suits seeking recoveries based on unjust enrichment, such as claims based on quantum meruit (fair value for worked performed or goods supplied in the absence of a formal contract); and
- A wide variety of contract-related litigation.
Collection of Unpaid Loans
We represent banks and other creditors in litigation to collect debts and unpaid loans.
Commercial Debt Collections
We represent clients in many different types of commercial debt collection matters, including actions to collect debts owed under loan agreements, negotiable instruments, promissory notes, and for goods sold and delivered. We routinely litigate against business owners and other third parties who fail to honor personal guaranties of corporate debts.
Debts for Goods Sold and Delivered
We represent clients seeking to recover debts owed by customers have who have ordered goods, received them, but have failed to pay.
Lawyers’ Fees and Other Professional Services
We represent law firms, lawyers, accountants, and other professionals who have clients who have not paid for services rendered. When representing lawyers or law firms seeking to recover fees, we will represent them, where necessary, in New York State’s attorneys’ fees arbitration program.
Other Service Providers
Our firm represents businesses that provide a variety of services, including consulting firms, independent contractors, and real estate agents and brokers owed commissions.
For more information, please contact us to schedule an appointment or for a no-obligation review of your case.